Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed January 1, 2014
More Than 116k Enroll For Insurance Through Kynect
Gov. Steve Beshear's office says more than 116,000 Kentuckians have enrolled in health insurance through the commonwealth's kynect website.
Since Thanksgiving week, enrollments are up nearly 93 percent overall and 169 percent for private health insurance. More than one out of every four signups on the site are for private health insurance.
Dec. 23 was the enrollment deadline to ensure coverage would be effective New Year's Day, but open enrollment continues through March 31. Those who apply over the next couple weeks can have coverage activated as soon as Feb. 1.
Those who have enrolled in private insurance plans are strongly encouraged to pay their first premium by the Jan. 10 deadline to ensure coverage begins promptly.