Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon April 28, 2014
Mobile Mammorgraphy Unit Comes To Keeneland
A mobile mammography unit will be on site at Keeneland today as part of First Lady Jane Beshear’s Horses and Hope program.
The mobile mammography unit was launched to offer underserved Kentuckians better access to the screening. Breast Care Center manager with the James Graham Brown Cancer Center Laura Fry says the tests are free of charge.
"We'll go through a short screening process. We do have medical professionals who are going to be there that day and we can see if you meet the eligibility criteria, and if so we'd be happy to perform the service that day," she says.
Following the test, the results will be mailed to the participant and her doctor along with any recommendations for follow-up visits.
The screenings start at nine Monday and run through four.