Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon April 19, 2010
Meetings Scheduled On Proposed KU, LG & E Rate Increases
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – Kentucky Utilities customers, mark your calendars. The state Public Service Commission has announced four meetings for public comment on proposed utility rate increases.
KU and Louisville Gas & Electric, which are both owned by E-On U.S., want to generate tens of millions of dollars in additional revenue.
The meetings are:
April 27 at Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College in Harlan
May 3 at Male High School in Louisville
May 4 at Madisonville Community College in Madisonville
May 6 at Bluegrass Community and Technical College in Lexington.
All meetings are open the public and begin at 5pm.
KU wants to boost its electric rate by about 11.5 percent. That would raise the average monthly bill for residential customers to $98.11 from the current rate of about $86.41.