Most Active Stories
- Local Music Monday: Fifth On The Floor Frontman, Justin Wells
- Lexington's New Econ. Development Fund And Demise Of Desha's On BizLexChat
- Salvation Army Gets Extra Special Donation In Owensboro
- UK A Capella Group Set To Debut On "The Sing-Off"
- Walton Avenue Corridor, VisitLEX Part Of This Week's Bizlex Chat
Mon June 3, 2013
Meeting on Citation Blvd. Roadwork to be Held
LEXINGTON,KY-- The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will hold a public meeting Tuesday to discuss upcoming demolition work on Citation Boulevard.
Crews will blast out rocks underneath the street in order to install new subterranean pipelines. Project manager Steve Farmer says the work is part of a greater plan to expand Citation Boulevard.
“We’re building an entire new road. It goes across the Southern Railroad to Alexandria Drive where it ties in. That’s about 2.45 miles," Farmer said."
Approximately 100 homes are near the construction area, but because the blasts are underground, there will be few external signs of the work being done.
“They’re really not going to hear a lot once they get far away from it, but they will feel vibrations near about a thousand feet or so,” Farmer says.
Cabinet officials and project staff will be on hand to discuss what the public should expect from the blasting process. The meeting takes place in Leestown Middle School at 2010 Leestown Road and begins at 5:00 PM.