Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu September 10, 2009
McConnell Rebuts Obama's Healthcare Speech
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – (This is extremely important it's one sixth of our economy it affects millions of Americans some would argue absolutely everyone is concerned about their healthcare so we don't need to--we don't want to make a mistake here, we don't want to do half a trillion dollars in Medicare cuts we don't want fail to do something about junk law suits against doctors and hospitals, let's slow the process down and get it right.)
McConnell says the American people do not want to be sold on Obama's plan, but instead want an entirely new plan that has more bipartisan support. President Obama estimates his healthcare reform will cost nearly 900 billion dollars over ten years but will not add to the national deficit.