Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
Mon March 4, 2013
Mayor Gray Appoints New City Finance Commissioner
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Lexington’s acting city finance commissioner is set to take over the job full time, pending approval by the city council.
Bill O’Mara has been involved in managing the city’s finances since 1995. Mayor Jim Gray praised O’Mara’s work as the city’s Division of Revenue director Monday, saying he helped put Lexington “back in the black through strong financial management.”
O’Mara said he and the mayor have enjoyed shared priorities: among them, managing pensions and the cost of employee health insurance.
O’Mara holds a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Kentucky. He would replace outgoing commissioner Jane Driskell, who left to become state budget director. O’Mara’s confirmation hearing is scheduled for March 7th.