Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri June 29, 2012
Massie Resigns As Lewis County Judge Executive
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Republican congressional candidate Thomas Massie has submitted his resignation as Lewis County judge-executive, effective midnight Saturday.
Massie told The Associated Press on Friday that he is stepping aside so that he can spend more time on his 4th District race against Democrat Bill Adkins, a northern Kentucky attorney.
Massie breezed through the May primary with the political and financial clout of the tea party behind him, beating a field of seven Republicans, including two well-established candidates, state Rep. Alecia Webb-Edgington and Boone County Judge-Executive Gary Moore.
In winning the GOP nomination, Massie became the overwhelming favorite in the November general election in a district that has a history of electing Republicans.
Massie sent his resignation letter Friday to Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear, who will appoint a successor.