Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue September 3, 2013
Mary Todd Lincoln House Sets New Attendance Record
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- The Mary Todd Lincoln House in Lexington is reporting a significant attendance boost. About 7,434 people have visited this year, 35% higher than the same period in 2012.
11,212 people visited the museum in the last fiscal year, higher than any amount since they started keeping records in 1982 .
Executive Director Gwen Thompson says part of this is because of Lexington moving its Convention and Visitor’s Bureau.
“We’re right down the road from them. We have a good relationship with them and we have a mutual respect. They know that they can confidently tell visitors to come here and they’ll have a good experience.”
Thompson also credits the influence of Stephen Spielberg’s Lincoln film, expanded hours for group tours, and favorable website reviews.