Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue September 3, 2013
Mary Todd Lincoln House Sets New Attendance Record
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Lexington’s Mary Todd Lincoln House is reporting its highest attendance figures to date. 11,212 people visited the museum in the last fiscal year, higher than any amount since they started keeping records in 1982.
“I gotta give a big kudos to the Lexington Convention and Visitors Bureau. Last fall, they moved to Main Street, just a hop and a skip from us, and I think that their presence on Main Street as our neighbor has really helped us with our attendance figures," said Executive Director Gwen Thompson.
Thompson says the Bureau helped bring in 20% of last year’s visitors. She also credits the revitalization of downtown and Stephen Spielberg’s recent Lincoln biopic for the bump in numbers.