Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
Thu October 17, 2013
Man Sentenced In Death Of Lexington Doctor
A man who had worked as a maintenance man in a Lexington doctor's office building has been sentenced to life in prison for the doctor's murder.
The Lexington Herald-Leader reports Fayette County Circuit Judge James Ishmael Jr. followed the jury's recommendations in sentencing 67 year old Marty Roe on Thursday. Roe was convicted in August of killing 55-year-old dermatologist Martha Post on Sept. 1, 2011, in the office parking lot.
The prosecution portrayed Roe as so obsessed with Post that he shot her when she didn't return his affections. Roe was arrested the week after the shooting at a bar in Logan County, Ohio.
Defense attorney Robert Friedman said an appeal will be filed.
Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Larson said he was pleased Roe had been sentenced to prison.