Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue September 11, 2012
Man Reviews Neighbors' Late-Night Karaoke
Originally published on Tue September 11, 2012 9:57 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. When free speech causes problems, the cure is often more free speech. A British man tested that theory when his neighbors exercised their right to stay up late singing karaoke. Britain's Daily Telegraph says Oli Beale responded by posting a board with reviews. When the neighbors sang "Pinball Wizard" at 2:23 A.M., Mr. Beale called it terrible. "Walk This Way" was the low point, while "Tiny Dancer" was judged actually very good. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.