Most Active Stories
- Lexington's New Econ. Development Fund And Demise Of Desha's On BizLexChat
- Local Music Monday: Fifth On The Floor Frontman, Justin Wells
- Salvation Army Gets Extra Special Donation In Owensboro
- UK A Capella Group Set To Debut On "The Sing-Off"
- Walton Avenue Corridor, VisitLEX Part Of This Week's Bizlex Chat
Tue March 20, 2012
Maker's Mark And Keeneland Unveil Tim Couch Signature Bottle
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Keeneland and Maker’s Mark unveiled the 16th entry in their signature charitable bottle series this morning. The bottle will feature a likeness of UK football great Tim Couch, who said he’s humbled to have been chosen.
"So many people before me -- Coach Cal, Coach Hall, Coach Brooks -- have been featured. I'm honored, I really am. It's for a great cause and that's the best thing about it. We're raising money for heart disease to help people, especially in eastern Kentucky, so I'm excited to be a part of it and I hope it's a big seller so we can raise the money to the help to the people who need it," Couch said.
Proceeds from the bottle, which goes on sale statewide April 6th, will benefit the Gill Heart Institute at UK HealthCare. Maker’s Mark hopes to raise $200-thousand dollars from the 20,000 bottles once they hit retail shelves. The money will help fund high-quality clinical heart care services in rural eastern Kentucky.