Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu November 12, 2009
Major Capital Projects Starting Soon At Midway College
By Wheeless - Lytle
Lexington, KY – Midway President William Drake Junior says construction will soon begin on a 5 million dollar, state of the art, learning resource center that will address the needs of its four major programs; equine studies, nursing, teacher education, and business.
Drake says to date the college has raised over 3 million dollars toward that goal and they'll have the remainder of the money in-house within 12 months. Midway has also inked a deal with Louisville-based Christian Care Communities to become the first Kentucky college to build a senior housing and long-term care facility on its campus.
Drake says the learning resource center should be up and running by fall of 2010, while he expects the assisted living center to be fully operational in about 18 months.