Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Wed August 1, 2012
Lisa Nichols Headlines Minority Business Expo
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Lexington’s Minority Business Expo celebrates its tenth anniversary this year. As Josh James reports, the expo gets underway Thursday.
The expo, which looks to connect smaller minority-owned and women-owned business with larger companies and train them for success, has grown over the years. This year, the event will move to larger rooms at the Lexington Convention Center.
"Over the years the break out sessions, the speakers, and of course the one-on-ones have actually led to contracts and opportunities for them and as a result come back more because they want to see if more opportunity is available," says expo co-chair Anthony Wright.
The expo will include talks from designers Shane and Shawn Ward, creators of the Shane&Shawn shoe collection, and best-selling author Lisa Nichols, who has appeared on Oprah and NBC’s Starting Over.
More information is at LexingtonMBE.com.