Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue January 28, 2014
Lineups Set For Kentucky Election
Kentucky Republicans and Democrats have filled out their slates of candidates for federal and state offices to be contested in this year's election.
Topping the crowded ballot will be the campaign for a U.S. Senate seat, but a key battle will be waged for control of the Kentucky House. Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes says about 4,000 Kentuckians filed as candidates for local, state and federal offices ahead of Tuesday's deadline.
Democrats hold a 54-46 advantage in the House, but Republicans are preparing to mount a strong challenge for control of the chamber. The GOP is in firm control of the state Senate.
House Speaker Greg Stumbo is predicting Democrats will pick up as many as seven seats in November.
Republicans say they're hoping to capitalize on President Barack Obama's unpopularity in the state.