Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu July 12, 2012
License Plate Supporting Veterans Now Available
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- Kentucky is now offering a license plate that supports veterans. Governor Steve Beshear announced on Thursday that the new "I Support Veterans" plate is available for purchase. He says it not only serves as a visible reminder of support for veterans, but part of the fee for the plate will go to support programs for veterans.
Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs Commissioner Ken Lucas said the new plates are being offered because residents expressed an interest in them.
State Rep. Tanya Pullin sponsored a bill in the 2011 General Assembly that created the plate, which is available to veterans and non-veterans.
Pullin said it will provide "an opportunity for all Kentuckians who wish to support veterans' services to do so."