Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Thu May 20, 2010
Library Board Passes Scaled Down Budget
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – According to a news release from the Lexington Public Library, the new budget includes:
Eliminating 10 positions through attrition. That will bring to 30 the number of positions eliminated in FY 2010 and FY 2011.
Reducing the materials budget to 9.9 percent of the total budget, the lowest percentage for library materials since fiscal year 2005.
Reducing the hours worked by part-time employees from 20 per week to 18 per week.
Eliminating pay raises for all staff.
Increasing overdue fines from 10 cents per day to 15 cents per day.
Reducing free parking for Central Library patrons from three hours per visit to two hours.