Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed July 10, 2013
LFUCG Council Halts Funds To Bluegrass A.D.D.
LEXINGTON, Ky--A questionable hire at the Bluegrass Area Development District has led to Lexington Fayette Urban-County Council Members to a vote in favor of temporarily holding back $75,000 in funding that was earmarked for the group. LFUCG Councilman Chris Ford says he pushed for the vote when he learned the agency rehired their former executive director Lenny Stoltz II as a consultant after forcing him to resign last week with a $128,000 severance package.
Ford says he feels it was a slap in the face to the taxpayers and an audacious demonstration of authority. Ford says he doesn’t question the hire, he disagree with it.
Stoltz was reportedly brought back on board because he is the only employee who knows the district's accounting system. We contacted the Bluegrass Area Development District’s office for their comments but were told Interim Executive Director David Duttlinger was out of town and no one would be speaking on his behalf.