Most Active Stories
- ANNOUNCING - now there are 3 bands at each show AND Jarekus Singleton & Jukebox the Ghost Sept 26!
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 811 Fines On The Rise
Tue October 23, 2012
Lexington's Annex Garage to Shut Down for Repairs
LEXINGTON, Ky. - The Lexington Parking Authority has announced plans to close the downtown Annex Garage as a part of a $3.1 million restoration project.
The Annex Garage will shut down completely on Monday November 5th at 7 p.m.
Construction work began on the parking structure in August, but officials with the Lexington Parking Authority say a full closure will allow crews to complete the restoration more efficiently.
Drivers who need to park downtown can use:
- Transit Center Garage, enter at 170 East Vine Street or 129-201 East High Street
- Courthouse Garage, enter at 105 Barr Street
- On-street parking.
The Annex Garage is scheduled to reopen in late spring.