Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri January 10, 2014
Lexington Visitors Center Attracts 25,000 In 2013
The Lexington Visitors Center set a new record in 2013. The number of visitors jumped by more than 100 percent over the previous year.
25,000 – that’s the number of visitors who made their way through the doors of the Lexington Visitors Center last year. Niki Heichelbech with the Center says a number of factors contributed to the increase in foot traffic.
"A lot of effort and planning went into the design of the building itself and the displays and interactive features that are there. We feel like it's a lot of those things all together and certainly location plays a major role," she says.
The Visitors Center used to be located on Vine Street before moving to Victorian Square. It includes about 1,500 square feet of interactive displays and informational kiosks touching on everything from horses to regional cuisine.