Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri September 17, 2010
Lexington Taking On International Flavor This Weekend
By Cassidy Herrington
Lexington, KY – The Festival Latino de Lexington starts the activity Friday evening at the Robert F. Stevens Courthouse Plaza. The square will transform into a vibrant display of Latino culture. The festival concludes Saturday evening with live performances, and dancing.
Meanwhile, the Chinese American Association hosts a Moon Festival at the new Moondance Amphitheater in Beaumont Center. Saturday's event features music, dancing, and samples of traditional pastries called moon cakes. The Moon Festival tradition dates back 3,000 years and corresponds to the mid-autumn harvest.
Both events are free and open to the public.