Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed June 19, 2013
Lexington Physician Becomes President Of AMA
CHICAGO -- A Lexington, Ky., doctor has been sworn in as the 168th president of the American Medical Association.
Ardis Dee Hoven is an internal medicine and infectious disease specialist. The AMA said in a statement Monday that Hoven has spent her career taking care of patients with infectious diseases, including HIV and AIDS from their discovery in the early 1980s through the current era of improved prognoses.
Hoven said she is honored to be chosen for the post and wants to be a "strong voice" for doctors and their patients.
Hoven is a graduate of the University of Kentucky medical school.