Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue April 9, 2013
Lexington MPO Wants Input On Four Year Transportation Plan
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Residents in Fayette and Jessamine counties are being encouraged to weigh in on four years worth of transportation improvement projects.
Senior Transportation Planner Charles Schaub with the Lexington Area Metropolitan Planning Organization says people can see for themselves detailed roadway improvement projects.
“It’s a prioritized listing of transportation programs and projects and it’s a required document for any project that has federal transportation funding in it, but it also includes projects that are funded through other sources like state funds as well.”
Shaub says that list includes the ongoing widening of Clays Mill Road, among others.
“One section of that has been completed and the other sections will be under construction here very soon…Leestown Road out by Masterson Station Park, on in to New Circle Road, that project is in the TIP as well."
It also includes roadwork on Liberty/Todds Road approaching the interstate. A link to the Lexington MPO Transportation Improvement Program is available here. Public comments will be accepted through May 4th.