Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu September 20, 2012
Lexington Legends Announce New Major League Affiliation
LEXINGTON, KY- The Lexington Legends, which have had a Major League Baseball partnership with the Houston Astros since 2001, are changing teams this season.
The four-year player development agreement, announced today at Whitaker Bank Ballpark, was facilitated by Legends Chairman Bill Shea and President/COO Andy Shea, who previously had a stake in the Omaha Storm Chasers, Kansas City’s AAA affiliate in the Pacific Coast League, for the last five years. Andy Shea says that the royals have much to offer in the partnership.
"I think that the player development side, the scouting side, everything with the royals is virtually second to none in all of baseball and they truly do put their money where their mouth is.”
At the same time, Legends General Manager Seth Poteat says that despite the new team, fans will hardly notice the change.
We are still the Lexington Legends. We will still be playing all 70 home games here in wonderful Whitaker Bank Ballpark. We are still committed to being a strong and active community partner, and above all else, we are committed to providing safe, affordable family fun to the thousands of families and fans throughout Central Kentucky.”