Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu May 27, 2010
Lexington Golf Fees On The Rise
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – A proposal to raise some fees at Lexington public golf courses goes before the Urban County Council Thursday night. Parks and Recreation Director Jerry Hancock says the city is in cash-saving mode and needs to generate revenue, making the increases necessary.
"In essence those will be two dollar increases for weekend play at our big golf courses and a one dollar increase in the cost of renting a cart. So we think the increases will be modest, but those increased revenues will go into the general fund to help balance the city's budget."
Hancock says city golf fees must stay competitive with prices at other public and private courses in Lexington.
A plan to close the Avon course has been pushed back from July 1st to after Labor Day.