Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
Fri February 22, 2013
Lexington Center Unveils New Websites
LEXINGTON, KY. - Visitors to the Lexington Center, Rupp Arena, and Opera House websites will notice a change today.
The new designs have been in the works for about a year and now the final products are live. Sheila Kenny with the Lexington Center says the new lexingtoncenter.com, rupparena.com, and lexingtonoperahouse.com are more closely tied to social media.
"There are a lot of great photographs. They're much more user friendly, much more interactive, and they're going to notice that there's a lot of content on the site," she says.
Kenny says users will be able to switch between venue sites more easily, connect through Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, and access seating diagrams and mobile versions of each site.
To promote the launch, the Lexington Center is giving away two tickets to every public ticketed event for the year starting in April. Applicants must locate specific seats in the center or find a hidden seat icon on the site to start the process.