Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
Mon March 19, 2012
Lexington Bike Trail Nearer To Completion
LEXINGTON, Ky. - A new phase of a Lexington bike trail is in the works. City officials will be hearing public comment on the project Tuesday night.
The Urban County Government plans to seek grant funding for the project, which would connect the existing Brighton Rail Trail, which runs from Liberty Park to Man O War Boulevard, to Alysheba Way. Kenzie Gleason with the city’s Division of Planning says the 400-foot access trail would be a key piece in Lexington’s bike trail layout.
"This is really a significant piece of the trail network for Lexington. This would complete a final section that would result in about four miles of trails there on the east side of town. It connects three parks, a school, and several neighborhoods to shopping centers like the Brighton Shops and Hamburg Pavilion," she says.
The public meeting is Tuesday night at 6 PM at Eastland Church of God.