Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed August 28, 2013
Legislative Research Commission Director Under Fire
FRANKFORT, Ky. - The executive director of the Legislative Research Commission is under pressure from LRC employee Yolanda Costner to resign. Costner is one of three women who filed a sexual harassment complaint against Western Kentucky lawmaker John Arnold and charged the LRC with failing to take their complaint seriously.
Costner said Tuesday in a phone interview that LRC director Robert Sherman has failed the organization.
Sherman, who oversees close to 350 employees, has not responded to the allegations, but has said he would invite any review of his staff’s handling of the complaint. Arnold has so far declined to comment to reporters. The Sturgis Democrat was first elected in 1995, and won re-election in 2012 by five votes.
Costner says she has not heard from a mediator that LRC hired to deal with the complaints since July.