Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu March 1, 2012
At Least 11 Tornadoes Confirmed In Kentucky
LOUISVILLE, Ky. Officials now say at least 11 tornadoes unleashed on Kentucky as storms whipped through the Midwest and South, killing 13 people in other states.
The National Weather Service reports EF2 tornadoes were confirmed in Russell and Casey counties, Hardin County, Grayson County, LaRue County, Ballard and McCracken counties, Morgan County and Muhlenberg County. EF1 tornadoes were confirmed in Henderson County, Muhlenberg County, Pulaski County and LaRue County.
The EF scale for tornadoes based on damage ranges from 0 to 5, with 5 being the strongest.
More severe storms are forecast for Friday in the Midwest and South.
Gov. Steve Beshear's office advised residents to prepare for possible severe weather through Friday evening.
Beshear's office says Grayson, Hardin, LaRue, Morgan, Muhlenberg and Owsley counties and the city of Hodgenville have declared local emergencies.