Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
Thu March 1, 2012
At Least 11 Tornadoes Confirmed In Kentucky
LOUISVILLE, Ky. Officials now say at least 11 tornadoes unleashed on Kentucky as storms whipped through the Midwest and South, killing 13 people in other states.
The National Weather Service reports EF2 tornadoes were confirmed in Russell and Casey counties, Hardin County, Grayson County, LaRue County, Ballard and McCracken counties, Morgan County and Muhlenberg County. EF1 tornadoes were confirmed in Henderson County, Muhlenberg County, Pulaski County and LaRue County.
The EF scale for tornadoes based on damage ranges from 0 to 5, with 5 being the strongest.
More severe storms are forecast for Friday in the Midwest and South.
Gov. Steve Beshear's office advised residents to prepare for possible severe weather through Friday evening.
Beshear's office says Grayson, Hardin, LaRue, Morgan, Muhlenberg and Owsley counties and the city of Hodgenville have declared local emergencies.