Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
Thu June 6, 2013
Lawsuit Between Lexington Brewer And Magic Hat Has Been Settled
LEXINGTON, Ky. - The legal dispute between Lexington’s West Sixth Brewing Company and Vermont-based Magic Hat has been resolved.
The Herald Leader reports the two entities, which had been at loggerheads over trademark issues have ceased their hostilities.
Magic Hat had filed a federal lawsuit last month against West Sixth claiming the local company sold beer using color trademarks and designs that “closely resemble and are confusingly similar to the designs used by Magic Hat for several years.”
West Sixth retaliated by launching an intense social media campaign accusing Magic Hat of being a corporate bully.
On Thursday the two sides released a joint statement claiming they have patched up their differences and have "mutually resolved the issues addressed in the lawsuit in a manner that eliminates potential confusion about product origin and resolves the lawsuit in a mutually acceptable way."
Both parties say they will not comment further on the matter.