Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon May 19, 2014
Law Enforcement Grants Awarded To 27 Agencies
More than $120k in grants have been awarded to 27 law enforcement agencies in Kentucky to buy body armor and equipment.
The Law Enforcement Protection Program grants are administered by the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security and announced by Governor Steve Beshear. The agency uses funds from sales of confiscated weapons, in conjunction with the Kentucky State Police, which conducts periodic auctions to federally licensed firearms dealers.
Homeland Security prioritizes need and provides available funds for the acquisition of body armor, duty weapons, ammunition and tasers.