Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Mon May 19, 2014
Law Enforcement Grants Awarded To 27 Agencies
More than $120k in grants have been awarded to 27 law enforcement agencies in Kentucky to buy body armor and equipment.
The Law Enforcement Protection Program grants are administered by the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security and announced by Governor Steve Beshear. The agency uses funds from sales of confiscated weapons, in conjunction with the Kentucky State Police, which conducts periodic auctions to federally licensed firearms dealers.
Homeland Security prioritizes need and provides available funds for the acquisition of body armor, duty weapons, ammunition and tasers.