Most Active Stories
- Free Speech Exercised, Tested At UK's Constitution Day
- We’re gonna keep Summer going a bit longer with another WUKY Phoenix Friday Sept 26... 3 bands!!
- Shelton Promises Action On District Dysfunction
- Gigabit Possibilities For Lexington, Centrepointe, And KY-Swedish Connection On BizLexChat
- Fayette Schools Audit: Poor Management And Communication, But No Criminal Activity
Around the Nation
Wed August 29, 2012
Larry Bird Looms Large Over Magic Johsnon
Originally published on Thu August 30, 2012 4:04 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Finally, Larry Bird looms larger than Magic Johnson. The two players fought a famous rivalry in the '80s. Bird's Celtics and Johnson's Lakers battled for NBA titles again and again. But one thing could never change. In the college championship game in 1979, Johnson's Michigan State beat Bird's Indiana State. Now, Indiana State plans a 15-foot tall statue of Larry Bird, larger than any existing statue of Magic Johnson. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.