Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon July 29, 2013
Ky State Police - DEA Helicopter Crashes, 2 Injured
JACKSON, Ky. -- Kentucky State Police say a helicopter working with the state's Cannabis Suppression Branch has crashed in eastern Kentucky.
Trooper Tony Watts says one trooper was on board when the helicopter went down Monday morning in Breathitt County near the Magoffin County line. Watts declined to comment on the specifics of the crash or whether there were any injuries.
WLEX-TV and WKYT-TV in Lexington each reported that the crash involved a DEA helicopter working with the marijuana suppression team.
The stations reported that a spotter and pilot have non-life threatening injuries.
The crash remained under investigation Monday.