Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Wed May 8, 2013
Ky. Officeholders Join Chorus Denouncing Urban Outfitters
FRANKFORT, Ky. - U.S. Rep. Hal Rogers is calling on Urban Outfitters to
stop selling flasks, shot glasses and pint glasses that look like prescription
Rogers, the Kentucky Republican who chairs the House Appropriations Committee,
charged that the products trivialize the pain and suffering of people struggling
with addiction. He said he fears the sale of the items could lead to an increase
in prescription overdose deaths and called for them to be removed from store
Urban Outfitters didn't immediately respond to a phone call and email seeking
Rogers represents a largely rural area of Kentucky where prescription
painkiller abuse has reached epidemic proportions.