Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu January 23, 2014
Ky. Jobless Rate Fell To 8% In December
The Kentucky Office of Employment and Training says jobless rates for December fell to 8 percent.
The number was down from 8.2 percent in November and the same as the rate recorded for December 2012.
The state's trade, transportation and utilities sector grew by 4,200 jobs in December 2013 and the education and health services sector increased by 300. The leisure and hospitality sector gained 100 jobs as did the mining and logging sector.
Meanwhile jobs in the manufacturing sector lost 700 positions, while the government sector lost 300 jobs and the service sector lost 200.
The information sector remained flat in December.