Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
Fri August 9, 2013
Kings Island Reveals Plans For New Coaster
MASON, Ohio - Kings Island's latest thrill ride - the longest inverted steel roller coaster in the world - is opening next spring.
The Cincinnati area theme park announced details of the 167-foot "Banshee" coaster late Thursday. The park's 15th coaster will cover more than 4,000 feet of track and include seven inversions. It will reach speeds of up to 68 mph over the two-minute, 40-second ride.
The new coaster will occupy the area where the ill-fated Son of Beast roller coaster once stood.
That ride was billed as the world’s tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster with a signature loop when it opened in 2000. Persistent mechanical problems caused its early demise.
"Banshee" is set to open in April 2014.