Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu October 20, 2011
Kid-Friendly Exhibit Opening at Kentucky Horse Park
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – The Kentucky Horse Park is rolling out a major new exhibition this weekend.
THE HORSE is a traveling collection of equine artifacts from the American Museum of Natural History.
Bill Cooke, Director of KHP's International Museum of the Horse, says the show takes the visitor on an interactive journey.
"It's incredibly broad in its scope. It does very concisely kind of what we do. It explains that incredible relationship between horses and humans and how we shaped horses and how horses shaped us."
Grownups can marvel at hundreds of equine artifacts while children can have fun using touch screens to learn more about horses and humans.
Many of the pieces come from the American Museum of Natural History in New York. The show runs through April 6th.