Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
What Lies Beneath
Sat June 22, 2013
KGS Well Could Aid Pharmaceutical Research
LEXINGTON, Ky. - In a recent installment of What Lies Beneath, we told you about a well being drilled in Carter County by the Kentucky Geological Survey to test the capacity of deep geologic formations to hold carbon dioxide. Now as KGS's Mike Lynch reports, the well may also help with pharmaceutical research being conducted at the University of Kentucky.