Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
What Lies Beneath
Sat June 22, 2013
KGS Well Could Aid Pharmaceutical Research
LEXINGTON, Ky. - In a recent installment of What Lies Beneath, we told you about a well being drilled in Carter County by the Kentucky Geological Survey to test the capacity of deep geologic formations to hold carbon dioxide. Now as KGS's Mike Lynch reports, the well may also help with pharmaceutical research being conducted at the University of Kentucky.