Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Sun February 23, 2014
Kentucky Women Bounce Back Against The Aggies
Jennifer O'Neill had 17 points and Linnae Harper scored 16 on Sunday to lead No. 15 Kentucky to an 83-74 victory over Texas A&M.
The victory gave UK its fifth consecutive 20-win season.
Kentucky (20-7, 8-6 SEC) led the entire second half but needed an 8-2 run at the end of the game to secure the win.
After the No. 16 Aggies (21-7, 11-3) closed within 75-72 on Karla Gilbert's putback with 2:34 left, they missed their last five field goals while the Wildcats pulled away.
The loss drops A&M into a second-place tie with No. 10 Tennessee, and No. 4 South Carolina clinches at least a share of the SEC regular-season title.
Samarie Walker had 14 rebounds and DeNesha Stallworth had 11 points and 12 rebounds for Kentucky.
Courtney Walker tied her career high with 26 points and had 10 rebounds for A&M. Courtney Williams added 16 points.