Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri December 21, 2012
Kentucky Utilities Rates To Increase
LEXINGTON, Ky. - The average bill for a Kentucky Utilities customer will increase by $5.16 in the coming year. The hike comes after the Public Service Commission accepted a settlement Thursday with KU and Louisville Gas & Electric.
In a news release, the PSC announced that the increase is less than the companies had requested. The utilities argued the rate hike was needed to finance generation and transmission improvements made over the last few years.
KU serves 550,000 customers in 77 Kentucky counties.