Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon August 12, 2013
Kentucky State Fair Starts Thursday
LOUISVILLE, Ky-- The 2013 Kentucky State Fair is only three days away - time for musical artists, world-class horses, fried food on a stick and handmade finery.
Admission is $10 for adults, $6 for those 55 and older ($1 on senior day), $6 for children 3 to 12 and free for anyone 2 and younger, plus $8 for parking.
Admission is $2 cheaper if you buy advance tickets through Wednesday at Kroger.
Free parking is also available with tram service at Papa John's
Cardinal Stadium on Friday through Sunday, both weekends. Also Fridays through Sundays, there is $5 parking in the Five Dollar Lot, with shuttles available.
People having their work judged in the fair dropped off their entries during the weekend, with much of it being prejudged before the fair begins Thursday.