Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
Tue November 4, 2008
Kentucky Senate Race Results
By Kentucky Public Radio
Frankfort, KY – Senate Education committee chair Ken Winters of Murray turned back a comeback attempt by former Democratic congressman Carroll Hubbard. Senate Minority Whip Joey Pendleton of Hopkinsville withstood a strong challenge from Republican Tom Jones.
Georgetown Republican Senator Damon Thayer won another term, as did Louisville Democratic Senators Tim Shaughnessy, Perry Clark and Denise Harper Angel.
Also heading back to Frankfort are Republican Senator Robert Stivers of Manchester and Democratic Senator Walter "Doc" Blevins of Morehead.
Former representative Kathy Stein of Lexington will assume the Senate seat formerly held by Ernesto Scorsone, who's now a Fayette Circuit judge. And Greensburg Republican David Givens will fill the seat being vacated by former Senate budget chairman Richie Sanders, who did not seek re-election.