Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu May 6, 2010
Kentucky Poll Out on U.S. Senate Race
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – A new poll shows the Kentucky democratic primary race for U.S. Senate is still close, but on the GOP side, a political newcomer may pulling away from his chief rival.
Lt. Governor Daniel Mongiardo leads Attorney General Jack Conway 39 percent to 32 percent in the Kentucky Poll, which showed 17 percent of respondents undecided and 12 percent favoring lesser-known candidates.
Republican Rand Paul has a 12 percent lead over Secretary of State Trey Grayson, with 17 percent of voters undecided and seven percent saying they would pick other candidates.
The Kentucky Poll was commissioned by the Lexington Herald-Leader, WKYT, and Louisville's WAVE-TV. It has a margin of error of plus-or-minus 4.5 percent.