Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Sat March 1, 2014
Kentucky One Health Lays Off About 500 Workers
Hospital company KentuckyOne Health says it has laid off about 500 people to help reduce a $218 million deficit.
The Courier-Journal reports that Chief Executive Officer Ruth Brinkley made the announcement Friday in a video posted for employees.
Brinkley says laid-off workers will get priority consideration for open positions, with some already transferring to other jobs within the organization. She also said the company will not fill 200 vacancies to further reduce costs.
Brinkley said the layoffs were necessary to help the company reverse financial losses and operate more efficiently.
Company officials would not say which positions were cut or break down layoffs by facility.
Before the layoffs, KentuckyOne had nearly 15,000 employees in Kentucky and Southern Indiana working in more than 200 locations, including hospitals and physician offices.