Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue September 30, 2008
Kentucky Lawmakers Not On Board With Bailout Plan
By Kentucky Public Radio-Capitol News Connection
Washington, DC – Louisville Democrat John Yarmuth says the Bush administration tried to rush a package through too quickly. He says the government should bring relief, but just not so fast. He voted against the rescue proposal. "We have time, we don't need to go back and campaign for another month we could spend a couple more weeks". The bill would have spent up to 700 billion dollars on troubled financial firms. It included limits! on executive pay and congressional oversight. Republicans Ron Lewis and Hal Rogers were the only two Kentucky lawmakers who backed the plan.