Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Sat March 22, 2014
Kentucky Holds Off Kansas State 56-49
It may not have been pretty, but the Kentucky Wildcats survive and advance in the NCAA Tournament in Saint Louis.
Julius Randle had 19 points and 15 rebounds, Aaron Harrison finished with 18 points and No. 8 seed Kentucky beat Kansas State 56-49 to earn a date with top-seeded Wichita State.
The preseason No. 1, Kentucky (25-10) is finally starting to live up to the expectations that came with its heralded recruiting class. John Calipari's bunch nearly knocked off Florida in the SEC title game last week and seemed to carry that momentum into the NCAA tournament Friday night.
Now, the question is whether it will continue on Sunday. The Shockers rolled over Cal Poly to improve to 35-0 earlier in the night.
Earlier in the afternoon Eastern Kentucky University fell to Kansas 80 to 69.
The Louisville Cardinals will take on Saint Louis on Saturday.