Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu March 22, 2012
Kentucky Fair Board President Harold Workman Announces His Retirement
LOUISVILLE, Ky. Harold Workman, whose job status as president of the Kentucky Fair Board has been in question, has announced he is retiring at the end of the year.
Workman has been involved in controversies recently over the firing of the general manager of the KFC Yum Center and reports that he had fallen into disfavor among some board members.
The Courier-Journal reports the board also suffered a revenue drop in recent years with the razing of the Executive Inn, closure of Kentucky Kingdom and move of the University of Louisville basketball teams from Freedom Hall to the Yum Center.
Workman, fair board president and CEO since 1993, makes $249,260 a year, according to a state database. His contract was set to expire at the end of June.