Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu February 28, 2013
Kentucky Crafted: The Market Keeps The Arts Local
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Kentucky Crafted: The Market, a three-day event celebrating arts and music in the Bluegrass, is boasting its largest artist attendance ever. The Market will be held at the Lexington Convention Center.
More than 200 artists, musicians, and food producers are expected to be on hand for the Kentucky Arts Council’s signature wholesale and retail showcase. Lori Meadows, executive director for the council, says the event, which draws painters, sculptors, woodworkers, jewelers, and many others, is a one-of-a-kind gathering.
"It's really the only place that you can see this many products by Kentucky artists all in one location," she says.
Hands on activities will also be featured, along with bluegrass, Celtic, and blues performances on the Kentucky Stage. Tickets will be $10 at the door.