Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri August 15, 2008
Kentucky Caves Vulnerable to Human Traffic and Pollution
By Kristen Espeland
Horse Cave, KY – Throughout Kentucky, human traffic and pollution have damaged caves and sinkholes. And that, in turn, has polluted the groundwater many end up drinking. Although some of the sensitive ecosystems are making a comeback, as Kentucky Public Radio's Kristen Espeland reports, the caves remain vulnerable.