Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Wed November 13, 2013
Kentucky Book Fair Brings Sue Grafton, Wendell Berry To Frankfort
The 32nd Kentucky Book Fair is coming to the Frankfort Convention Center November 16.
The guest list is full of names familiar to most every Kentuckian: Coach Rick Pitino, poet and essayist Wendell Berry, novelist Sue Grafton, author George Ella Lyon, and many more. Every year the festival brings more than 150 authors to town for signings and events.
Though online retailers, with their discounts and speed of delivery, along with e-readers and tablets, are now the preferred methods to buy books for many, the Kentucky Book Fair continues to draw large crowds despite a continuing emphasis on the printed page. About 4,000 people normally make their way through the one-day event.
Net proceeds from the fair fund grants to Kentucky school and public libraries for local book purchasing. In its 31 years, the event has generated over $2.6 million in profits.